This department was established in 2008 with 60 students, and was increased to 120 by 2013. The department allots equal importance to both electronics and communication engineering.
The department boasts of dedicated staff who work tirelessly to bring out competent, disciplined and technologically sound engineers. Moreover, our department prepares engineers in state of the art technologies in a conducive learning atmosphere, which ensures better interaction between students and staff through counseling.
M1. To provide a special learning environment to empower the students to confront the challenges of the Electronics and Communication Engineering field.
M2. To provide ethical and value based education by promoting activities addressing the societal needs.
M3. To fulfill the research interests of faculty and students by promoting and sustaining in house research facilities so as to obtain the reputed publications and patents.
M4.To provide quality education and to make the students entrepreneur and employable.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1. To apply their insight into arithmetic and science to identify, analyze and solve issues in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
PEO 2.To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and teamwork, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
PEO 3.Toprepare graduates their inventive thoughts and administration abilities to meet the everydaytechnical challenges.
Programme Outcome (PO)
At the end of the Programme, a student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve complex engineering problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Investigate, design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, make inferences from the resulting data and apply the research skills to solve complex engineering problems in analog and digital systems.
- Demonstrate basic engineering practices and conduct experiments in electronics, electrical system and in programming language.
- Model and simulate communication systems and analyze the performance using modern tools.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of theoretical & practical aspects of signal and systems to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety.
- Test, measure and provide valid conclusions on energy saving design using modern engineering tools and software for environmental sustainability.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society by considering contemporary issues through lifelong learning.
- Work as a member of a project team to find cost effective design solutions to problems related to electronics and communication systems.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms along with ethical responsibilities.
- Design systems for applications based on the acquired knowledge to solve real time requirements.
- An ability to apply the engineering and management principle to manage project as an employee and as an employer.
- An ability to develop life-long learning for the changing technological environment.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
A graduate of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Program will have:
- An ability to understand the concepts of Basic Electronics and Communication Engineering and to apply them to various fields such as Analog and Digital Circuits, Signal processing, Communication Systems, VLSI, Embedded systems, etc.,
- An ability to demonstrate proficiency in use of software and hardware required in real life applications analogous to aero design challenge and IoT based projects.
- Insight of social and environmental awareness along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain enthusiasm for real-world applications using excellent resources as an Entrepreneur