The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2009 with the inception of Institute. Mechanical engineering is the most general form of engineering that a student can specialize in; which implies that upon graduating, the career choice is virtually unlimited.
Mechanical engineering is the innovative application of science and technology to the design, production and operation of mechanical devices, machinery and systems. Mechanical engineers excel at designing things, especially complex items. They also design industrial machinery and processes, which are used in the manufacture of other things such as paper mills or car assembly plants. Mechanical engineering also involves the efficient use of energy in processes such as heating systems for hospitals or refrigeration plants for food exports.
Upon completion of the degree, students have the opportunities in the fields like Production, Industrial Engineering, Design, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. They also have the opportunity to work as software engineers in the field of CAD/CAM. Those who wish to pursue further studies can join M.S in universities abroad.
“To strive to produce the most preferred mechanical engineers who will be technologically advanced, socially responsible, self motivated who can contribute favorably to the global needs.”
- Establish itself as an excellent academic centre through expert pedagogical methods and modern laboratories to produce world class mechanical engineers
- Disseminate knowledge through seminars, conferences and continuing education programs
- Make tie-ups with industries, research centers and renowned institutions to synergize the benefit
- To mould the students imbibing the ethical values and leadership qualities to make him professional engineers
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare the students for professional practice in entry-level engineering positions or to enroll in further engineering degree programs
- To identify, analyze, and solve the engineering problems and to apply analytical techniques and problem-solving skills necessary to adapt to technological changes and for a career in mechanical engineering technology
- To expertise the students in the areas of design, manufacturing, mechanics and thermal sciences that are essential to most sectors of industry
- To build the students effectively to use their communication skills in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments
Program Outcomes (POs):
The graduates will develop
PO1: an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve complex engineering problems in mechanical engineering
PO2: an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
PO3: an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs of environmental, ethical, economic, social, health & safety
PO4: an ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
PO5: an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
PO6: an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
PO7: an ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written skills
PO8: the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
PO9: a competency in the use of modern computational tools, knowledge of contemporary issues.
PO10: an ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
PO11: an ability to work professionally in both thermal and mechanical systems areas including the design and realization of such systems
PO12: a knowledge of chemistry and calculus based physics with depth in at least one of them
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
PSO1: Successfully apply the principles of design, analysis and implementation of mechanical systems/processes which have been learned as a part of the curriculum
PSO2: Ability to apply and interpret the acquired Mechanical Engineering knowledge for advancement in social, economical and environmental fields
PSO3: Able to apply and interpret the acquired Mechanical Engineering knowledge for advancement in social, economical and environmental fields