SERVICE RULES, PROCEDURES, RECRUITMENT AND PROMOTIONAL POLICIES SERVICE CONDUCT RULES
- These rules shall be called “GRT Institute of Engineering and Technology, Tiruttani, Service and Conduct Rules” and comes into force from the month of August 2014. These rules supersede all the rules put into force, previously.
- These rules shall apply to all categories of employees (Teaching and Supporting Staff Members).
- ‘college’ means GRT Institute of Engineering and Technology, Tiruttani
- ‘Trust’ means GRT Mahalakshmi Educational Charitable Trust, Tiruttani.
- ‘Teaching Post’ means a post carrying a definite scale of pay / consolidated pay sanctioned without limit of time and included in the cadre of sanctioned posts.
- Supporting Staff Members’ means a person appointed in a Non-Teaching post to which no other person holds a lien. GRT Institute Of Engineering And Technology Computer Science and Engineering
- Appointing Authority:
All appointments of the faculty and Staff Members of the College shall be made by the Principal, subject to the approval of M.R / Management / Trust.
- Appointment on Contract:
Appointment of faculty and other Staff Members can be made on contract basis by the Management subjected to the approval of the Management/Trust.
- Mode of Selection:
Selection of the faculty member shall be made by a Selection Committee constituted and approved by the Management/Trust.
- Termination of Service/Resignation:
- Based on the opinion of the appointing authority, the efficiency of an employee has been impaired due to any infirmity, his/her retention in service is considered undesirable, his/her services may be terminated, by such appointing authority.
- Any employee of the College may withdraw his/her engagement, by submitting to the appointing authority, one month notice in writing or payment of one month salary in lieu thereof, if agreed by the appointing authority, provided that the appointing authority may, for sufficient reasons, call upon the employee concerned to continue till the end of the academic session, in which the notice is received.
- The other terms and conditions of such employment shall be specified by the appointing authority in the letter of appointment.
- The age of retirement of teaching faculty member shall be as per AICTE Norms.
- The age of retirement of other non-teaching Staff Members shall be as per the State Government Rules or as may be decided by the Management/Trust.
- Staff Members are eligible to avail one day Casual Leave for every completed month of service.
- Such leave can normally be availed only with prior approval of the Head of the Institution i.e. the Principal.
- Leave application should be submitted to the Head of the Institution (Principal) before 12.00 AM of the previous day/day of avail of leave.
- In emergency cases whenever the Staff Member is unable to get prior sanction of leave, he/she should inform to the Head of the Department concerned, over the phone after altering the workload, about his/her absence on leave. In such case, the leave application should be submitted for approval on the immediate reporting day with relevant supporting documents; otherwise his/her absence will be treated as “Absent”.
Staff Members are permitted to avail Summer/Winter Vacation on the following conditions.
(i) The eligible period of vacations are as follows.
(ii) Vacation period shall include Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (preceding, succeeding and in between).
|Experience within the Institute||Teaching Staffs||Non Teaching Staffs|
|One year completed||02 weeks||01 weeks||01 week||04 Days|
|Six months completed||01 week||04 Days||03 Days||NIL|
- Un-availed summer / winter Vacation cannot be combined. Also surrendering of vacation period for “claim of salary” is not allowed.
- Staff Members shall be permitted to attend Central Valuation duty on OD/Vacation.
- On Duty:
- Teaching Staff Members shall be permitted to avail ON DUTY for a maximum period of 15 days for University Examination duty purpose and 5 days for attending FDP/ Workshop / Conference / Symposiums / Seminars etc. in an academic year. ON DUTY shall be availed only with prior approval of the Head of the Institution (Principal).
- Teaching Staff Members who are deputed for specific purpose on “Other Duty” should submit a detailed report to the Principal about the purpose for which they are deputed, on the next day without fail.
- Conduct and Discipline:
The Management/Trust shall be at liberty to take necessary disciplinary action against any Staff Members for valid reasons. In such cases a formal enquiry shall be conducted and penalties like ceasing increments, ceasing promotions, dismissal from service etc. may be imposed, whenever and wherever required, based on the enquiry report.
- Awards / Incentives/Promotions /Increments for Staff Members
- Staff Members producing 100% in the Theory Subjects during the Anna University Examinations, will be awarded with appreciation certificates
- Incentives – Presenting paper in International Conference (held abroad) – Rs. 10,000/-
- Incentives – Publishing papers in high indexed International Journals – Rs. 2000/-.
- Incentives – Publishing books – Rs. 3000/-
- Eligible faculty members are promoted as per AICTE/Anna University Norms.
- Based on the faculty evaluation , suitable increments will be provided at the beginning
of academic year.
- Awards / Cash for Students
- Students who secured University Rank place will be awarded with Merit Certificates
with cash award.
- D will be provided for attending symposium and conferences
- Sports merit students will be awarded during sports day functions
GRT Institute Of Engineering And Technology Computer Science and Engineering
- SERVICE RULES
Service rules were framed in the year 2011.If there is any need for adding or changing any existing rules, it is done through a Management Order.
|S.No||Policies and Rules||Year of Publication||Awareness Among|
|4||Students Rules and Regulations||Every Year||Employees /Students|
|5||Hostel Rules and Regulations||Every Year||Employees /Students|
- The Head of the department assesses the need for additional faculty based on workload calculation and specialization requireme
- Whenever there is a vacancy in the departments, the approval is sent to the management after discussions with the princ
- Once the approval is obtained, advertisement is released in leading newspapers requesting the eligible candidates as per AICTE norms to apply within a given time limit to the Principal.
- The applications are shortlisted based on the number of vacancies and the minimum qualifications, a written test is conducted if required and the candidates are called for interview on a1:5 ra
- A merit list will be prepared as per the requirements of the individual departments.
- Principal, HODs, Subject expert and University Nominee will be the major bodies of recruitment panel.
- The deserving candidates will be intimated about their joining dates via email / Phone.
- At the end of every semester, a performance appraisal is conducted for all faculties.
- The self-appraisal form is filled in by all faculties, with endorsement by the Head of the department.
- The performance appraisal in conducted by a panel consisting Principal, Advisor and the head of the departments concerned.
- The faculty is assessed based on the Anna university results produced in the subjects handled by them, the feedback received from students, participation in summer-winter schools, workshops, paper presentations in international / national conferences, paper publications in international / national journals, projects guided, self-upgradation activities and the faculty’s involvement and contribution in student/department/ institution level activities.