To promote a spirit of continuous learning among the students, GRT Institute of Engineering & Technology assures diplomatic and inspiring hours in the Central Library. The excellent reading hall in the library assures peaceful and conducive environment to promote a spirit of continuous learning for the students equipped with reference books, hand books, dictionaries and encyclopedias.
The Library provides a wide range of books and periodicals responding to the varying needs of the academic community by involving the faculty, students and the administration in the development and periodic assessment of the library services and resources.
Keeping pace with the advancements in technology and the need for automated library management system a digital library has been established. The digital library consists of 30 computer terminals with online access facilities through this system E-journals that are published around the globe can be browsed. The digital library is well stocked with various CDs that have audio visual presentation on technical concepts.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Separate Reading Hall with seating capacity of 150
- Open Access System for all Students and Staffs
- More than 25000 books – Department wise Title Indexing.
- Fully automated and Computerised indexing of library resources with barcode (Rovan LMS Software)
- Standard Classification and Cataloguing of books
- OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloguing services)
- Circulation Services
- Departmental Libraries
- Audio Visual Section
- Separate P.G. Library (MBA)
- Reference Section (Books, Journals, Rare books etc.,)
- Digital library and Internet facility
- E-books, E-Journals and Educational Videos
- NPTEL – Lecture notes and videos
- Member of DELNET (Developing Library Network)
- Member of NDLI Club (National Digital Library of India)
- Back Volumes of Journals
- Book Bank Facility
- Photocopy, Printing and scanning facility
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All students and members of teaching and non-teaching staff shall be members of the library.
- Library remains open from 8.30am to 6.00pm on all college working days.
- All members are required to register your ID card scan before entering and leaving in the library.
- Strict silence has to be maintained inside the library.
- The arrangement of chairs in the reading rooms should not be disturbed
- The Suggestions and Complaints register available in the library.
- Non-adherence to any of the rules or any other malpractice by any member shall involve withdrawal of library facilities in accordance with the instructions of the Principal.
- Each Student and Staff will be issued 6 library books which are not transferable.
- Books issued can normally be retained for a period of 15 days by the students and 90 days by the staff.
- The Book has to be produced in the library for renewal (15 days). More than two renewals will not be allowed.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be considered as the due date.
- Identical books with the same title and same author will not be issued.
- Books has to be returned or renewed on the proper due date, otherwise fine amount of one rupee per day will be collected.
LOSS OF BOOKS
- Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty two times the cost of the book plus overdue charges, if any.
- Library systems should be used academically but not for personal use.
- Pen drive should be used in the proper manner.
- Do remember shutdown the computers and switch off the lights and fans after use.
E – Resources Access Details
Knowledge Hub a Virtual Library (K-hub.in e Library)
Institutional Member of DELNET (Developing Library Network)
Open New Discovery Portal login
ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOGUE (OPAC)
BOOK SEARCH (INTRANET ONLY)