The composition of Governing Council is as follows:
No.136, Usman Road,
|He is the founder of GRT Jewelers and Chairman of GRT group of concerns.GRT jewelry No.1 Jewellery store for 916 jewellery by the Bureau of Indian Standards, and its chic diamonds ornaments have earned the Best Diamond showroom in Chennai award from DTC –De Beers for four years in a row, GRT has also been awarded India No.1 Platinum Retail outlet by PGI. GRT is the recipient of Luxury & Lifestyle 98 best of Chennai Award. The founder has also won the lifetime Founder has also won the lifetime Achievement Award from the trade magazine, Retail Jeweller. Beside jewellery, he has diversified the company into the hotels and resorts, hospitality, agriculture, education, trading and non-conventional power sectors.|
No.136, Usman Road,
|Member||Managing Director of GRT Jewellers and GRT Hotels & Resorts. He is a Graduate Gemologist, and Graduate jeweller Gemologist from the Gemological Institute of America and expert in the study of diamonds and coloured stones.|
No.136, Usman Road,
|Member||Managing Director of GRT Jewellers and GRT Hotels & Resorts. He is a certified Diamonds Frader from HOGE RAAD VOOR DIAMANT VZW, Diamond High Council, the HRD Institute of Gemmology, Bengium.|
No.76, 7th Avenue Ashok Nagar,
Chennai – 83
|Member||Trustee of G.R.Thangamaligai Educational Trust. Ms Jayashree is a visionary who has brought about contemporary change in education, keeping in mind the interests of both the teachers and the students and also the needs of the day. She won a special award in “Swarnanjali” conducted by the world Gold Council during the year 2000 for “Excellent Gold Jewellery Design” .She has also won a second overall prize in “Nakshatra Design-a-Diamond” contest conducted by Uni Design, Chennai during 2003.|
No.136, Usman Road,
|Gold Medalist in Commerce graduate from Andhra University and Charted Accountancy from Chennai. Chairman and CEO of Bharat Overseas Bank Ltd., Head Office, Chennai. During 2000-06 33 years of rich experience in Banking…|
No.188, Purasawalkkam High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-10.
|Specialized in Hotel Audits for Five – star hotels, Setting up internal control systems, periodical review of compliance as Management Auditors, Credit management including review of credit policy, standard, analysis and collection procedures.|
T1 Navins Garden
146 Rayapettah High Road
|Commercial Tax Officer – (Retd.).|
|8.||Shri. J. Balasubramanian
No.10, First Main Road,
|FCA,LLB., Auditor cum lawyer. Director-IDBI Federal Life Insurance Co.Ltd.,|
(Govt.of TamilNadu Nominee)
|Special Officer (CDC),Directorate of Technical Education, DOTE Campus, Chennai.|
GRT Institute of Engineering and Technology
|Member Secretary||BE., ME., Ph.D., 18 years of experience in Industrial and Teaching. Authored 4 books published 20 papers for National and 18 for International. Guided for 12 Ph.D Scholars.|
No. 44/67, Jyothi Ramalingam Street,1st Floor New Kamaraj Nagar, Perambur, Chennai
|MBA., Ph.D., Professor
20 years of experience in industrial and teaching.
NO.7, Siruthondan Street,
Ondikuppam, Manavalanagar, Thiruvallur.
|M.Sc., Ph.D., Asst. Prof. More than 4 years experience in teaching and research.|
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GOVERNING COUNCIL
- The Governing Council of the college is the supreme administrative body.
- It is constituted as per the norms fixed by AICTE, New Delhi; Affiliating University and Govt. of Tamilnadu.
- The Governing Council is ambitious and converts aspirations into outcomes with a rigorous framework of governance.
- The Governing Council approves the mission and strategic vision of the institution, long term business plans and annual budgets in accordance to meeting the interests of the stakeholders.
- The Head of the Institution is appointed as the Chief Executive of the Institution and suitable arrangements are made to monitor his/ her performance.
- The council ensures the establishment and monitoring systems of control and accountability including financial & operational controls and risk assessment clear procedure for handling internal grievances.
- Governing Council monitors the institutions performance against the plans approved and also benchmarks this against other institutions wherever possible.
- The Governing Council should ensure the achievement of the mission and vision of the organization; future academic plans and research activities should be promoted by providing direction of implementation and overall monitoring of the activities.
- The Chairperson is responsible for leading the governing body, is also responsible for its effectiveness and should ensure that the institution is well connected with the stake holders.
- The Chairperson should support the head of the institution in execution of the programmes.
- To uphold the legal stature of the college in view of AICTE, State Government and affiliating University (Anna University) or any other body or agency.
- To take decisions regarding the intake and addition or discontinuation of any program accordingly recommending the Principal to take formal steps with the affiliating body to put this into action.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF CHAIRPERSON OF GOVERNING COUNCIL
- The Chairperson shall intimate the date of the Governing Council meeting to the Principal-cum-Member Secretary for arrangement of Governing Council meeting. In case the Principal-cum-Member Secretary fails or ignores to arrange Governing Council meeting, the Chairperson can call for Governing Council meeting.
- In the event of taking vote on any decision and if a tie occurs, then decision of Chairperson shall be final.
- The Chairperson shall ensure that the decisions taken in Governing Council meeting are implemented by Member Secretary.
- The Chairperson shall ensure that the Governing Council is functioning properly to meet the mission of the Institute.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF MEMBER SECRETARY OF GOVERNING COUNCIL
- Member Secretary of Governing Council of the Institute shall be the Principal, who executes the decisions taken in the Governing Council on behalf of the Governing Council.
- By the order of the Chairperson, Member Secretary shall arrange the Governing Council meeting. In case of unfavouring situations, he/she will intimate the cancellation of the meeting the Chairperson and other members of the Governing Council.
- He would take correspondence on behalf of the Governing Council meeting in relation with the decisions taken in it and get it confirmed by the Chairperson and members present. With confirmation, the proceedings would be forwarded to AICTE and affiliating University.
- The Member Secretary would maintain the properties of the institution and remain in-charge of it, the title deeds and papers related to the need of the institution.
- He will exercise powers and functions as maybe imposed and assigned by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The Member Secretary would issue appointment letters to the staffs selected by the Recruitment Committee after the approval from the sponsoring trust and the Governing Council of the institute.